With the current COVID-19 pandemic, many people are staying home to protect their families & friends and help flatten the curve. It’s no surprise then that housebound folk are ordering takeout via popular food delivery apps like Skip the Dishes, DoorDash and Uber Eats. These apps allow you to order meals from a variety of local restaurants and have it delivered straight to your door.
But, did you know it’s also possible to earn cash back with these food delivery apps?
Indeed, there are Canadian cashback apps that let you earn money on orders with certain food delivery services!
**From May 15 to August 31, 2020, I would suggest using the American Express Gold card for your food delivery orders. That’s because you can earn an impressive 5 Membership Rewards points for every $1 spent with Skip the Dishes and Uber Eats in Canada.
First, some context. Cashback apps on your smartphone are a great way to earn some extra money with your everyday purchases with partner brands.
So how does it work? Easy.
- Create an account and link your bank’s debit and credit cards.
- Shop at partner retailers (online or in-store).
- Receive cash back on your purchases.
- Cash out your money once you’ve reached the minimum threshold.
Now it might seem worrisome linking your financial debit/credit cards to some third party app. But keep in mind that these apps do not get access to your bank account or login credentials nor can they withdraw money from your account.
The reason for linking your bank cards to the app is to keep track of your transactions with partners and automatically credit you the cash back.
There are two Canadian cash back apps, Paymi and Ampli, that are offering cash back with purchases with food delivery apps.
Paymi is a cash back app that appeared in 2018 and is supported by CIBC. They have partnered with many brands and stores including Staples, J. Crew, Burger King, Leon’s, Sportchek and Indigo.
Download the app, create an account with basic personal info (email, birth year, postal code & gender) and then link your debit/credit cards to your account.
If you’re a CIBC customer, you can register for Paymi using your CIBC online banking info.
Keep in mind that the Paymi payout minimum threshold is a reasonable $2 and is paid out by Interac e-Transfer. Although, there is a $1.50 Interac fee if the money transfer is under $25.
Also, don’t forget to use referral code : 1C3DC2 when signing up for Paymi. Thanks for your support
Paymi is offering 4% cashback with Skip the Dishes
Right now, Paymi is offering up to 4% cash back on orders with a connected card at Skip the Dishes!!
To take advantage of this offer, follow these steps:
- Login into your Paymi app.
- Find the Skip the Dishes promotion in the “Earn Anywhere” tab and click Visit Website.
- This will open the Skip the Dishes app on your smartphone
- Next, proceed with your meal order and enjoy! The cash back should appear in your Paymi account within 5-7 business days.
There’s no end date for this promotion but the app does state that it expires soon!
Similar to Paymi, Ampli is the newest cash back app available to Canadians. It launched in summer 2019 and it’s supported by RBC Ventures.
There are many offers from various Canadian partners and stores. Some featured brands include WestJet, Rexall, The Source, DAVIDsTEA, The Keg, Freshii, Landmark Cinemas and Indigo.ca
Download the app, create an account with basic personal info (email, phone & postal code) and then link your debit/credit cards to your account.
Also, if you want to support this blog, use referral code : NIC14565 to earn a bonus $5 when signing up for Ampli. Thanks for your support
Keep in mind that the Ampli minimum payout threshold is $15. It’s paid out by Interac e-Transfer and there is no fee to transfer.
Ampli is offering between 2% and 5% cash back with DoorDash
Right now, Ampli is offering 2 offers with DoorDash.
- Up to 2% cash back on DoorDash orders between $25 and $49.99 with a connected card.
- Up to 5% cash back on a single DoorDash purchase of at least $50 with a connected card (max $5 per transaction).
To take advantage of either of these offers, follow these steps:
- Login into your Ampli app.
- Find the Door Dash offer and click Visit Website.
- This will open the DoorDash app on your smartphone. Alternatively, you can choose to continue in your Internet browser.
- Next, proceed with your meal order and enjoy! It usually takes 5 business days for the cash back to appear in your Ampli account.
Both Ampli promotions end on December 31, 2021!
Earn Aeroplan points with Uber Eats
So it’s not necessarily cash back, but you can earn Aeroplan points with your Uber Eats orders!
Take advantage of this offer with the following steps:
- Login into the Aeroplan e-store.
- Find the Uber Eats offer and click Shop and Earn on Uber Eats.
- This will open the Uber Eats app on your smartphone. Alternatively, you can choose to continue in your Internet browser.
- Next, proceed with your meal order and enjoy! Note that your order must be placed within 2 hours of clicking on the Uber Eats offer.
Finally, keep in mind the following:
- Offer is not valid if paid with gift cards or in any combination with other Uber coupons or promotions!
- The amount of Aeroplan points you earn is based on food value only, which excludes fees, taxes & tips.
- No order minimum or maximum to receive Aeroplan points.
- It usually takes 6-8 weeks for points to credit to your Aeroplan account.
EXPIRED – Redeem Air Miles for Uber Eats or DoorDash giftcards
EDIT: It seems like this AIR MILES PROMO has expired!!!
Finally, it’s worth noting that AIR MILES is offering another option to save money with certain food delivery apps (although you can’t earn cashback with this method).
It’s now possible to redeem 190 AIR MILES Cash miles towards a $20 Uber Eats or DoorDash electronic giftcard which is available instantly. It’s valid for use in Canada.
To redeem your voucher with Uber Eats, click on your profile icon in the app, tap promotions and then enter your gift card code.
To redeem your voucher with DoorDash, sign in to your account on the DoorDash App or website. Then, navigate to Account and select Credits and Gifts Cards. Finally, enter your gift card PIN.
There are many opportunities to earn cash back or save money on Canadian food delivery apps like Skip the Dishes, DoorDash and Uber Eats.
Here are some of the promotions associated with online food orders:
- Paymi app- 4% cash back for Skip the Dishes orders
- Ampli app- 2% cash back for DoorDash orders (until December 31, 2021). Plus, use code NIC14565 to earn $5 when you register and link a card with Ampli.
- Aeroplan e-store – earn Aeroplan points for Uber Eats orders
More and more Canadians are using food delivery apps during this pandemic, so why not also earn some cash back with your meal orders!
Stay safe at home and enjoy your delivery meals
My blog contains referral or affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support.